During the current epidemic, in order to protect the health of our patients and staff, all visits and consultations that can be completed online will take place solely online.
At present, all pediatric psychiatric consultations will take place online.
Mental Crisis Center during the coronavirus epidemic
The situation created by the coronavirus epidemic is new for all of us, something which can be hard to deal with and process, especially for children. Dr László Lajtai is available to offer his assistance. Further information
Our specialists offer help to children and their families experiencing psychiatric problems, illnesses, and psychological problems. Our aim is work together to reach the point where the child can live everyday life more harmoniously, to help them find and maintain a healthy physical and mental balance, and to support them in creating happy relationships.
When should you go to a pediatric psychiatrist?
- Crying for no reason, sleep and appetite problems (from preschool age)
- Behavior issues (from preschool age)
- Low self-esteem (from school age)
- Self-destructive behavior (from adolescence)
- Anxiety disorders: separation anxiety, phobias, panic, OCD, PTSD
- Eating disorders: anorexia, bulimia
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Enuresis (bed wetting)
- Encopresis (stool problems)
- Any time, if you feel your child cannot cope with the challenges of the given life stage
Therapeutic methods available in our office:
- Behavioral therapy, in which we gradually change a fixed and problematic behavior pattern to an adaptive one. During the sessions we reward good behavior, often and consistently. Inappropriate behavior is ignored or punished by lack of reward.
- Cognitive therapy, which helps us convert negative thoughts that control the child’s behavior to positive ones. This method is mainly effective in adolescents and adults.
- Medicinal therapy, if necessary