It is important to examine any abdominal symptoms, as they can indicate different kinds of diseases. Special expertise is crucial in the case of children, since they cannot really describe their symptoms. A pediatric gastroenterologist can decide whether it’s a lesion of an organ or the symptoms appear as the effect of stress or diet. We examine children as early as infant age.
When should you turn to a pediatric gastroenterologist?
- Infant who falls frequently
- Stomach ache, flatulence
- Abnormal weight gain or loss
- Eating disorders, lack of appetite
- Difficulty passing stools, constipation, bloody stool etc.
- Phenylketonuria, metabolic diseases
Jaundice, liver disease
Examinations available in our office:
- Breath test to detect lactose, fructose intolerance
- Helicobacter infection screening from stool (equivalent to H2 breath test)
- Celiac test (Biocard rapid test)
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Calprotectin test: We determine from blood sample if gastroscopy is indeed necessary. This way we can avoid unnecessary endoscopic examination involving discomfort.
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy in anesthesia (made by Dr Zsuzsanna Vojnisek)
Pediatric Gastroenterologist, Pediatrician
17:00 - 20:00
14:00 - 20:00
Custom consulting hours: